Town Morrow is an exciting project that offers a completely new concept for an entertainment
district. †Positioned on 17-acres of land
and designed by former Morrow Mayor, Ernest Duffey, the
development is the cornerstone of revitalization for the Southlake Mall area. To
enrich the district with history while building on a new idea, the City of
This site is exclusively for pedestrians. However, there will be plenty of available parking adjacent to the district. A magnificent covered wooden bridge which reflects a craft more than 150 years old welcomes guests to enter and enjoy all that Olde Town Morrow has to offer. All establishments will be serviced through an innovative distribution center, part retail shop and part warehouse serving as the transfer point for all goods used on site.
Independent business opportunities are available now!!!
FOR SALES AND LEASING, CONTACT JOHN LAMPL @ 678-300-4312
The Chafin House was built in McDonough, Georgia on Chambers Road. According to tax records, the house was built in 1865; however, articles about the house report that it was built circa 1850. The house remained in the Chafin family until June 2000. The Chafin House was one of the first houses to enter the Olde Morrow property.
The Price House was built before the turn of the twentieth century after the Civil War in Flippen, Georgia. This house was one of two houses that Mr. Price built for his two sons on Jodeco Road. The two houses had similar facades with double porches but very different floor plans. Former residents of the house believed that the house had some extra ďspirits.Ē In order to move the house to Morrow, the top floor and bottom floor were separated.
The Napier House was built in 1842 for Leroy Napier and was designed by Elias Carter. The 4,000 square foot house, which was Napierís country home, was originally on 125 acres before it was moved in 1924 to Macon, Georgia. The house originally had twenty-six rooms before it was altered in order to house four apartments. The house was restored in 1948 by Buford Birdsey. In 1970, the Napier House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Palmetto House was built in the early 1900ís and has 4,200 square feet. The house came from the First Baptist Church in Palmetto, Georgia. Cranes were used to dismantle the house, which was then transported to Morrow in two sections.
The John B. Gordon House was built in 1850 by John D. Mitchell in Reynolds, Georgia. The house and the 1,200 acres of land it originally sat on was bought in 1887 by Confederate General John B. Gordon for $6,925.00. After General Gordon, who later became governor of Georgia, bought the house, he named it Beechwood Plantation. The house was later bought by George Woodruff of Coca-Cola.
The Smokehouse, which was built in 1850, was originally on the property when it was bought by Confederate General John B. Gordon in Reynolds, Georgia in 1887. General Gordon kept the smokehouse as part of his Beechwood Plantation. The smokehouse was moved to Morrow at the same time as the Gordon House.